We’re looking for a volunteer marketing student who wants to gain experience helping to market and grow the Drillbotics® competition.
Description of Duties
Drillbotics is an annual competition for university students run by volunteers through the Society of Petroleum Engineers and is non-profit. We are looking for a student (or team of students) to serve as marketing coordinator for Drillbotics. We see the position rotating annually and including:
- Building/updating the annual marketing plan
- Website maintenance (WordPress knowledge is a must)
- Content creation for the website (image editing, blogs, etc.)
- Engaging with student reps from the competing teams (interviews, reporting for the blogs, etc.)
- Social media management: setting up pages (none currently exist), setting a posting schedule, tagging the competing universities, etc.
- YouTube optimization
- Managing the email list
Anything else the plan calls for. The sky is the limit for an ambitious young marketer looking to gain experience. You will get to work closely with an experienced marketing consultant from Turkey Burg Creative.
Minimum 8-10 hours/month
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Knowledge of social media
- Knowledge for Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to write / edit
- Ability to work with photo/video editing programs considered an asset
- Time and project management skills considered an asset
- Positive attitude and outgoing (this position could involve coordinating with students from participating universities)
- Volunteer position without monetary compensation
- Letter of reference available
- If applicable, we will support the use of time/experience for a student co-op program
- Ability to use and learn marketing agency tools
- Opportunity to learn from a professional marketing consultant, with potential for paid work on other accounts