The FAQs for the 2021 competition was updated 8 Feb to address questions from several teams. An example of the questions include:
- Do we simulate a consolidated virtual rig to drill a well, or only model the 7 items mentioned in the guidelines? Do we also model drilling a well?
- Do we have to simulate 3D or 2D model?
- Is the planned trajectory going to be the whole well path that the well should follow, or are we going to receive only some target coordinates (e.g. HD, TVD, North, East) to reach? Can propose our own planned trajectory?
- According to the Drillbotics 2021 Guidelines V3, the bit model is provided by you. But what are the input and output parameters of this model?
- What programming language should be used for this competition?
- We wonder when we can order the bit you will provide and how long it will take to deliver?
Use this link to the FAQ page https://drillbotics.com/faq/ or access it from the “More” page.